Dr. Michael is a Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Spine surgeon with over 29 years of clinical experience, 20 years in the United Kingdom(1999-2020). He obtained the FRCS in General Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and went on to complete a Master’s degree in the Surgery of Trauma obtaining the M.Med. Sci. (Trauma Surgery) from the University of Birmingham. He was judged to be the best outgoing student for this and was awarded the prestigious William Gissane Memorial prize (Gold Medal). He then completed Specialist Registrar training obtaining the prestigious FRCS in Trauma and Orthopaedics from the UK Intercollegiate Board, subsequently obtaining the CCT-UK.
After completing his Spine Surgery training(National Spine Fellowship-UK), Dr. Michael has been a Consultant Pediatric and Adult Spine Surgeon at Sheffield Teaching Hospital and Sheffield Children’s hospital. He is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sheffield. His areas of expertise encompass complex management of children with scoliosis and other spinal pathology as well as complex adult spine surgery in the acute and chronic setting.
Dr. Michael understands the importance of keeping up with developments in Spinal Surgery and is an active member of the British Scoliosis Society (BSS) and the British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS) and AO Spine.
Dr. Michael is passionate about education and is faculty for the Advanced Trauma Life Support courses (ATLS) run by the RCS England through the resuscitation council in the UK. He is an Examiner for the FRCS T&O through the Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations (JCIE). He is faculty for AO Spine and the Dubai International Spine Conference. Dr. Michael is an asset to the NSH team and the population of Dubai and the region, bringing scarce unique and quality services to the UAE.
- National Board in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery – INDIA
- Gold medal in M.Med.Sci. in Trauma Surgery – UK
- General Surgery (FRCS Ed), Trauma and Orthopaedics (FRCS T&O) – UK
- Specialization Fellowship in complex Paediatric and Adult Spine Surgery – UK
- CCT In trauma and orthopedics – UK
- Scoliosis (curved spine) in children and adults – Brace and Surgical treatment
- Neck and Back pain with arm and leg pain from nerve compression.
- Infections of the spine including TB
- Tumors of the spine
- Fracture and dislocations of the spine.
- Spinal Deformities (Scoliosis, Kyphosis)
- Degenerative Disc diseases
- Herniated Disc diseases
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spina Bifida
- Sports and Spinal Injury
- Spinal Tumor
- Spinal Infection & Osteomyelitis
- Osteoporosis and Spinal Fractures.